Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mid summer heat

I arrived back here in Dunedin last Friday to a 27C heatwave. And promptly got a sunburn. Of course.

On Saturday I moved into a new place. This is the front of the house:
This my room with an awesome view: And this is my room ceiling:
On Sunday I went surfing for the first time. And on Monday I actually started working. And since everything is official now I can finally broadcast it: I left the world of sea ice and entered the world of Geographical Information Systems. I will be doing a GIS-based sustainability study for the City of Dunedin and are very excited about that.

And yesterday we had a little B-day Pizza party here and have started to plan adventures for the summer (even though we spent most of the time complaining about the lack of snow here at the moment)

1 comment:

Wayfarer Scientista said...

congrads on the new job-oh! GIS is good stuff. Oh, and sorry about the arm - that's no good. But at least the medical care is good in NZ!