Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sick today


Frosty morning!

I fell asleep very early and unexpectedly last night and woke up with just a little dry cough. Otherwise, I felt OK and even got up and took a shower and made coffee before sunrise.

After some lounging around under two down comforters for two coffees and one Skype conversation's worth of time we decided to grab some more coffee and some breakfast type stuff in one of the local eateries before going hiking (or "tramping" as locals would call it) on a trail in the logging region northwest of town. As we approached our trailhead, the weather got greyer and wetter while things looked much better back in town. Before we got halfway there, we encountered a locked gate with a sign saying something about trespassers being sawn in half with a Stihl 36" bar skip-toothed chain saw. By this time, my dry cough had gotten worse and I was lacking energy so I wasn't heartbroken to turn around.

Having built up an immunity to NZ pathogens, Heike is off riding her bike somewhere. I'm under a couple of down comforters watching the vapor from my breath while I type this.

No comments: