Monday, July 14, 2008

Real Pow

Finally - real powder. In abundance. A whole weekend of fun and really good skiing and snowboarding.

I also watched my first rugby game! All Blacks (NZ) vs. Springboks (SA). The game was part of the Tri-Nation (NZ, SA, OZ) Rugby tournament and happened right here at the stadium in Dunedin. But since we had left for the weekend we ended up watching it at the NZ equivalent of the VFW which is the RSA (or "Royal NZ Returned and Services' Association Inc.") in a town called Twizel on a big screen. Unfortunately, we were late and missed the haka. NZ Andy proceeded to explain every single rule to me during the game - and all the special terms used for everything. So just ask me! And then there is that special time when you have to yell "Go you good thing!" And that needs to get done when something goes over the line for something else (I did forget that one). Actually the cool kids don't yell stuff like that any more - only the old dorky geezers do (if I understand that right). Either way, it was great fun and an amazingly good game - even though the All Blacks lost. But only by 2 points :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm... Lovely photos, can't wait to see it in person! But I have to ask, is it "powder" or "abundance" that's defined differently in New Zealand than it is in Utah? :P