Saturday, June 14, 2008

Arrival in the land of sheep .... and the giant bath tub

Nobody seemed to care much about my overweight luggage and so here it is in another car on the other side of the world (only difference is this one is quite big compared to Ben's tiny BMW, that and of course I boarded the car on the wrong side and was very surprised to find a steering wheel there):I am currently staying in a house with a ginormous bathtub:

and no heat - as common in NZ. I was told that is the reason for lots of parties at people's houses all the time: to warm the place up!

And of course here is the obligatory sheep picture (taken 5 minutes after my arrival from the car):
All the white dots are sheep. But the sheep aren't really as numerous as the possums: while there are 15 sheep per person in NZ there are 20 possums per person! They have really soft fur and I am considering buying a handbag as a pet in lieu of having Kirikiri and Punipuni to keep me warm.

The best thing by far though is:
I almost bought a whole Apfelstruddel there upon my arrival. Decided against it since they might withdraw my visa if I gain too much weight :)

No comments: